Friday 14 August 2020

Bukit Timah Nature Reserve Trekking Experience - A Quick Forest Therapy

It was my 20th weekend spent in Singapore since the closure of Singapore-Malaysia border, I have never been away from home for such a long time. On a side note, I have been working from home for a freaking 6 months (and counting...) and living a relatively sedentary lifestyle since March. While I still make it a point to work out regularly and clock at least 10k steps daily, I'm hungry for some fresh air and phytoncide. Therefore, I decided to do some light trekking at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve for  a quick forest therapy. 


Bukit Timah is the highest hill in Singapore so I thought the trekking could be challenging. To my surprise, it turned out that I don't even need to "trek" the hill, all you need is just some casual walking. The nature reserve is well furnished with facilities such as restroom, tarred road, staircase, shelters and dustbins. It took us about 30 min to reach to the summit, the highest point in Singapore.


Bukit Timah Nature Reserve is easily accessible by MRT and buses. The nearest MRT station is Beauty World, which is about 10 min on foot from the reserve entrance.


We started our trekking around 4:45pm and the place was already packed with crowd. Do take note that the reserve will be closed at 7pm. The forest reserve offered a natural shelter over our head and blocked out most of the sunlight, we didn't even feel warm at the supposedly sunny late afternoon. 


There is an uphill at the beginning of the journey and it could be physically taxing for those who do not exercise regularly. It is quite a steep path at the start, check out the video below and you will know how steep it is. 



The remaining of the journey is easy peasy and reaching to the summit is absolutely effortless. It is really refreshing and rejuvenating to have a short walk in the forest, I totally don't mind to visit Bukit Timah Nature Reserve every weekend. By the way, admission to Bukit Timah Nature Reserve is free of charge so let's bring your family and friends and have a walk in the forest together! 

There are quite a number of good restaurants at the vicinity of Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, I had the best frog porridge in my life at Cheong Chin Nam Rd, I will be sharing my review in a another post very soon!


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's my pleasure to have your comments here :)
喜歡我的文章的話就留個言讓我知道吧 我會很開心的 ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...