Monday 16 January 2012

End of Semester 3

          WARNINGS: This post is super boring because it's all about my study life so you may skip reading it if you are short of time. 

        As expected I can't sleep again. As usual, I feel very tired but I just can't sleep. T.T Insomnia is really torturing!! Hopefully I can get a good rest during the 5-weeks-long sem break. Yes! Today is the last day of my 3rd semester!! Yeah yeah yeah!! Finally it ends!! It's a super dreadful + busy+ horrible+ terrible semester!! Let's summarise what I had done in this semester!

1. Super heavy work load

Well for your information I have to carry out 3 experiments each week and submit 3 reports every week. For some of them I even need to get my long report done on-the-spot!! Crazy huh? Generally I spent most of my time on starring at the monitor, thinking of how to explain my experiments and write it in a proper way, with my fingers flying around the keyboard. Doing experiment is not easy too. All of the apparatus, no, I shouldn't call them apparatus, that sounds too minor, haha! Those are all EQUIPMENT that I never seen before! So before carrying out the experiments I need to google those equipment and understand the operating theories behind them. You got to know that lecturer will evaluate me during the experiments by asking me super technical questions. Unable to answer their questions mean deduct marks. Luckily I did my preparation works pretty well XD. For engineers, writing a good report is a must-have skill and I think I'm well-trained now LOL!!

2. Super Difficult Design Projects

Guess what? My project for Heat Transfer was to design a Heat Exchanger. Let's see what I did.

This is the simplest diagram found in my report. I wanted to upload some other pictures here but blogger does not support their formats, too bad. So I spent 3 days (that means all day round beside sleeping!! I even ate while calculating LOL!!) on doing the super tedious manual calculation in order to design the most efficient heat exchanger at minimum cost. Failure and retry, failure and retry. The process kept repeating and it was really disappointing to see the results deviated again and again. Drawing is a problematic part too. I was so regret that I didn't learn learn AutoCad from my father King during my 4-months sem break. Got to learn it up during this sem break.

Another designing project was to design a hopper. Look at my ideas.

Design 1: Failed because I can't get myself an a.c. supply


Design 2: Failed again 
I was trying to modify an electric alarm but since I was unable to find one, I tried to build the electric circuit on my own. But the problem is I can't find myself a sore iron core in U-shaped. T.T Forced to give up all of my designs due to resources limitation. I was really sad because I feel very proud of my design so I wished to make them a usable one.

No choice, I used a hand massager to vibrate my hopper at the end. 

3. Countless Extra-Curriculum Activities

There were so many activitessss!! I shall skip them here, if not this post will be super longgg.

         Feeling sleepy? I know you must be feeling boring right now since I've been talking things that are so "physics". But I just feel like sharing with you about what I've been busy with through the past 4 months.

        Still can't sleep right now. Haiz. 

p/s: If you are reading until here, I got to say Thank You for your patience, haha! And please bear with my grammatical mistakes, I was writing this post at 4 a.m. in a super-tired-but-can't-fall-asleep mode XD
When I read back this post I found that it's a crap indeed!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's my pleasure to have your comments here :)
喜歡我的文章的話就留個言讓我知道吧 我會很開心的 ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...