Thursday 3 March 2016

KOSÉ Sekkisei Trial Kit

Many young girls are confused and clueless when they first started their skin care and beauty regime. 

"What is a toner? I thought toner is used in printers?"
"Emulsion? Will it be too oily for my skin?" (It sounds so oily don't you think so? :P) 
"I need to use make up remover before cleansing my face? Will my skin be corroded by all these cleansers?"


Don't laugh. These silly and stupid questions were once on my mind when I was a young little girl. The school teaches us nothing on taking care of our facial skin so you can't blame me for being ignorant on beauty-related stuffs. Thank god that I have a beauty-conscious mum who taught me so much (and still teaching!) on skin care and beauty knowledge. I still remember how my friends were amazed with the number of bottles of skin care product I had on my shelf when they visited my room in the hostel. Some of them started to consult me on skin care regime since then and my advice to beginners is forever the same: Start with a trial or travel kit. I always find trial kit a good way to try and test the products because you will never know the effectiveness of the products unless you use them regularly for a period, say 3-6 weeks. Sample sachets is another good way to try the products too but let me tell you, there isn't much brands out there that are generous in giving out samples. I don't know about the others but for me, I won't be convinced by trying an 1mL sample sachet out. Therefore, trial/travel kits become my best friend in exploring new brands. Trial kits are relatively cheaper and they usually come in a set, that means you can see how the brand works on your skin as a whole. I have been using KOSE Mask White for years and I'm currently using their mask sheets as well. I'm a happy returning customer I would say. Whenever my friends ask for my opinions on KOSE products, I will always tell them to go for it because it really works and I really wish that KOSE could come out with a trial kit so that people who are doubtful can have a try at their products before getting the full size products. Hence, I'm really happy when I received this huge pink box from the KOSE team, let's unbox it together! 



Tada! Proudly introduce the KOSE Sekkisei Trial Kit to all of my readers! Don't you think that the pouch is super cute? I like the transparent design so that I don't need to dig my travel kit pouch like a blind anymore! 

Kose Sekkisei Trial Kit
RM 99 (GST Included)

Retailed at RM 99, the trial kit consists of 5 products from KOSÉ Sekkisei, including 
  1. Sekkisei White Liquid Wash (20ml)
  2. Sekkkisei Lotion (100ml)
  3. Sekkisei Emulsion (70ml)
  4. Sekkisei Clear Whitening Mask (10g)
  5. Bihadagoyomi Mask (3pcs)
What a steal! You get to try all the star products from KOSÉ Sekkisei at RM 99! (When Aunty Liew say this is a good deal that means it's really a good deal cos I don't simply spend!) If you know to read Chinese characters then you will know that Sekkisei comes from the word 雪肌精, which means "the essence that will give you a snowy and translucent skin", which is what Sekkisei products aiming to achieve. The products contain oriental plant extracts from Coix Seed, Melothria (White Lotus) and Angelica that will make you to look as fair as a fairy. Now let me to walk you through the 5 products in this trial kit one by one, let's see if they can change me from Princess Neverland to Snow White haha! 

SEKKISEI White Liquid Wash 
140ml/RM131.40

First thing first, cleanser. Cleansing is the part that I emphasize the most in my skin care regime. The reason is very simple, if you don't clean your pores thoroughly then all of subsequent skin care steps are just futile, how your skin is going to absorb the serum and moisturizer if it is blocked by dead skin cells and dirt? Thus, a good cleanser is very important.



As indicated by its name, Sekkisei Liquid Wash is a watery cleanser that is very light on my skin. It doesn't lather into thick and rich foam so I was a bit doubtful with its ability in providing a thorough cleansing action. After using the liquid wash continuously for 2 weeks, my initial judgement was proven wrong. Everyday after my cleansing step, I can instantly feel that my skin is softer, hydrated and more plump. It manages to remove all the sebum and dirt on my face and miraculously, it doesn't leave my skin dry and tight. You know some of the strong and hardcore cleansers are so strong in cleansing that they tend to strip away the moisture content in your skin. As Sekkisei Liquid Wash is specially formulated with Taurine-based cleansing agents, it can leave your skin clean and hydrated. At the same time, the Rubus Suavissmus Extract is able to soothe UV damage on your skin. 

SEKKISEI Lotion
200ml/RM180.20, 360ml/RM275.60

The best seller from Sekkisei series with more than 48 million bottles of Sekkisei Lotion sold since its release 30 years ago! Containing 100 types of oriental plants, this bottle of magic solution can be used as a toner or a mask. It can instantly balance out skin’s moisture levels, prevent dullness, and soothe redness. In general, I use Sekkisei Lotion to tone my skin everyday and I mask using it during the weekend. Yes you heard me right, you can use it as a mask! 



All you have to do is to place a bihadagoyomi mask into the cap and pour Sekkisei Lotion until the mask tablet puffs up. Look at the second picture above, the bihadagoyomi mask "grew up" after absorbing the lotion hehe~ After the tablet puffs up, you can unfold the mask sheet and apply it on your face for 10 minutes.

Ignore my stupid face please, I didn't know that I look so ugly here!

Before & After Using Sekkisei Lotion

This is my very first try on Sekkisei Lotion and after trying it out for 2 weeks, I finally understand the reason for it to become the best seller, because it really works! Look at the comparison photos before and after I use the lotion to tone my skin, my skin becomes brighter and more translucent. I have sensitive skin and I tend to have rashes or redness on my face. As promised by Sekkisei lotion, my redness is greatly reduced and my complexion becomes healthier, you know that kind of glowy finish that every girl is longing for? I believe that I can achieve it one day if I continue to use the lotion! In addition, my face is instantly pumped with moisture after I use Sekkisei Lotion as a mask, the effects are obvious and immediate that I can use the mask as a last-min remedy before attending important dates to look the best *cunning mode turned on*

Sekkisei Emulsion
140ml/RM191.80

Sekkisei Emulsion 
140ml/RM191.80

Next product: Sekkisei Emulsion. Last but not least, let's complete our daily skin care regime with an emulsion. Containing Inula Britanica Flower, Chinese Pearl Barley, Paeonia Albiflora Root, Melothria Heterophylla and Angelica, Sekkisei Emulsion incorporate with Sekkisei Liquid Wash, and Sekkisei Lotion to enhance the brightness and translucency of the skin. 


Unlike those thick and viscous emulsions that always leave my skin sticky and oily, Sekkisei Emulsion is extraordinarily lightweight with a relatively low viscosity. When an emulsion is lightweight it means that it can be absorbed very fast and thus, it can penetrate deep down into the skin. Do you know that you should get a fresh and non-oily skin finish after applying your emulsion to ensure a good absorption and penetration of the product? If your skin surface is very oily and sticky after using an emulsion, there is a high probability that the product remain at the skin surface only. Instead of being absorbed, the product actually sit on the skin surface, which means that all your skin care efforts are in vain as the products are outside your skin cells. Sekkisei Emulsion lives up its name I would say, it is absorbed into my skin after a few simple massage steps. My skin feels absolutely fresh in just 30 seconds after the product application. It claims that it can prevent dark spots and freckles but I have not seen any obvious effects on that yet since I have only been using the products for 2 weeks. Nevertheless, the emulsion does an awesome job in keeping my skin hydrated and moiturized. 

Sekkisei Clear Whitening Mask
80g/RM94.30

Yeah this is my favourite product among all! I have been using Sekkisei Clear Whitening Mask since years ago and it has become one of my staple skin care.


It's black in colour! How can this black thingy whiten our faces? All out of sudden I'm so curious on the colour of this mask. Why is it black ah? Ok I Google first, be right back.

(After 5 minutes)

Secret unveiled! The black colour is due to the presence of nano-sized black powder, very different from the ordinary mask right? It's basically a peel-off mask that helps to remove dead skin cells upon peeling off. It can reduce skin dullness, brighten your skin and keep it hydrated at the same time, 3 functions in a tube! In additon, the Chinese Quince extract in the mask is very useful in inhibiting sebum production, while a blend of oriental plant extracts can deliver a supreme whitening benefit.  


Let's have a look at the texture of the mask. As can be seen from the photo, the mask is quite fluid with intermediate viscosity. For me it's easier to apply the mask on with this degree of viscosity. Some of the mask is too liquid that it's super difficult and challenging to apply them on my face without dirtying my clothes. (Or maybe it's just that I'm not good at applying mask lah haha!)

Upon application, the mask started to dry and the feeling is so syiok! It's like the mask to grasping your face very tightly! I can't even speak you know! The mask just adhered to my face super tightly as if it's not going to let my face go in the rest of my life LOL! 

What you have to do after applying the mask is just to wait the mask to dry completely. It took around 15 minutes to dry completely. As the mask is drying it's getting tighter and tighter on my face! And I was like "Is this mask going to engulf my face or what?" Super tight you know! 


Then it comes to the most enjoyable part-to peel of the mask. What you have to do is use your finger nails to scratch from the edge of the mask, then the whole mask can be peeled off your face along with a lot of screaming and struggling. (Haha just kidding!) I feel like I'm going to transform into some Super Hero as I peeled the mask off my face haha! 


The peeling sensation is super syiok I tell you! Just imagine that all the dead skin cells and dirt will be peeled off together with the harden mask, feeling so satisfied! 




You can see that my skin gets clearer and brighter after sticking to Kose Sekkisei Trial Set for 2 weeks. Moreover, my pores are more refined and clean, you can see that the blackheads on my nose is getting lesser. I'm really happy with the results and outcomes and I'm going to continue using the kit because I really want to get rid of my dark spots and freckles very badly, hope that Sekkisei products can help me to fight against the dark spots and turn me into a real Snow White hehe! 

Kose Sekkisei Trial Kit
RM 99 (GST Included)

Becoming a Snow White is no longer that far-fetch, it's something achievable now. Get the right products and follow a strict skin care routine, I can assure you a fairer and brighter complexion. If you're not sure if Kose is the right brand for you, Kose Sekkisei Trial Set will be your best choice  to try the range out. 

For more information about SEKKISEI and its new special edition trial kit, follow KOSÉ Malaysia on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/kose.malaysia) or visit the KOSÉ Malaysia website at www.kose.com.my.

Special gratitude and appreciation to Butterfly Project Malaysia and KOSE team for making this romantic and pink surprise happened! You guys are really creative and awesome!


Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's my pleasure to have your comments here :)
喜歡我的文章的話就留個言讓我知道吧 我會很開心的 ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...