Friday 5 December 2014

Kiehl's Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream

Being someone who spends hours under the scorching sun everyday, my journey of searching for a good sunscreen product is like a never-ending journey. Remember my review on Kiehl’s Ultra Light Daily UV Defense previously? It’s one of the good sunscreens (it’s not oily at all!) that I will recommend to my friends and family. After using Kiehl’s sunscreen for a couple weeks, I came across their BB cream, named Kiehl’s Actively Correcting and Beautifying BB Cream. BB cream is not something new in the market but this product appealed to me because it comes with a very high UV protection of SPF 50 PA+++. Wow! This is wonderful! Combining sunscreen and BB cream in one product is a brilliant idea! Let’s see how it works on me.

Kiehl's Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream (30mL)
RM 130

The BB cream comes in 3 shades which are fair, light and natural. The shade in my tube is Fair. 


The texture of the BB cream is similar to that of their sunscreen but it is slightly thicker due to the BB cream formula. I like how easily the BB cream can be spread on my face, it is neither too dry nor too watery.

My hand before application of Kiehl’s Actively Correcting and Beautifying BB Cream.

After application of Kiehl’s Actively Correcting and Beautifying BB Cream. The final texture of the product on my hand is very good, it left behind a luminous finish and the luminosity is just nice! The shine is natural and it can create an illusion that your skin is glowing.

My face before application of Kiehl’s Actively Correcting and Beautifying BB Cream. You can see my birthmark near my right eye very clearly, not to mention the small patch of acne on my chin.

My face after application of Kiehl’s Actively Correcting and Beautifying BB Cream. The product improved my complexion immediately and my skin looks brighter now. The BB cream has a medium coverage and as can be seen from the photo above, it managed to hide my skin redness and small brown spots. Also, the birthmark and acne are less visible. Moreover, the shade of this BB cream matches my skin colour pretty well. It looks very natural on me, as if I did not apply any make up on my face. Let’s have a closer look at my skin finish.


I like the matte finish very much! My face didn’t feel sticky and oily after long hours of wearing it, it works very well just like the sunscreen does! The tiny blood capillaries on my cheek are less visible now too yo!

One thing I don’t really like about this BB cream is its smell. All of the Kiehl’s products are fragrance-free so I assumed that this BB cream will be unscented as well. However, this “unscented” BB cream smells really odd, at least it is odd to me. It smells like some sort of Chinese herbal braised meat, I’m not kidding! When I was having this BB cream on my face, I always have a feeling that there is a piece of braised meat hanging under my nose. Well I can solve this problem easily, just avoid the area under your nose when applying the BB cream and the meat smell is gone!



Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's my pleasure to have your comments here :)
喜歡我的文章的話就留個言讓我知道吧 我會很開心的 ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...