Monday 18 February 2019

5 Minutes Make Up Tutorial X Althea Korea - Skin Relief Spot Film Gel | Flawless Creamy Concealer | Eye Palette Sunrise & Moonrise BCL | Spot Light Eye Glitter | Watercolour Cream Tint

Hello everyone! I hope that you had a great holiday during Chinese New Year, wishing everyone a prosperous and auspicious year ahead! I had a really good rest during Chinese New Year and I got to do so many things during my 9-days break, including creating a make up tutorial using products from Althea Korea, all thanks to my sister Cece who helped me on filming the video. I have zero talent on making video...



How do you find the make up tutorial? Appreciate it if you can leave me a comment so that we can improve in the next video. This look is basically a very simple look that emphasizes on clear skin and key highlights on the eyes and lips. In fact, this is the type of make up that I always wear to work. My perfect formula is 3 eyeshadow shades + 1 lips colour, which is decent enough for both work and dates with friends after work.



Now let's have a quick look on the products that I used in the make up tutorial, everything is from Althea Korea! Althea Korea has launched their make up range and I have been longing to lay my hands on them. Products including
  • Skin Relief Spot Film Gel RM19
  • Flawless Creamy Concealer RM15
  • Eye Palette Sunrise & Moonrise BCL RM140
  • Spot Light Eye Glitter RM24
  • Watercolour Cream Tint RM20

Skin care steps are not shown in the make up tutorial, and all I did was to prep my skin using Real Fresh Skin Detoxer (Rose), followed by Bare Essentials series of Primer Water & Fixer Cream. Of course, not forgetting to put on Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway SPF50+ PA++++ for UV protection. 

Skin Relief Spot Film Gel
RM 19

Skin Relief Spot Film Gel is an acne spot treatment that dries down to a thin layer onto the skin. Containing tea tree oil, centella and pine leaf extracts, the gel can help to calm redness and treat acne. In fact, it's just like the other acne patch, but it does not leave a trace on your skin because it will form a transparent and matte film upon drying up.



As can be seen from the photos above, the gel is shiny upon application (middle part of 2nd photo) and slowly dries up to a matte and invisible film (left and right part, not so obvious in the photo though). It creates a smooth canvas, protects the infected area and allows makeup to be applied on without a trace. This a such a godsent product for those who are troubled by acne problem! I have not tried it because I don't have any acne on my face at this moment, but I can tell that this is going to help a lot when I need to put on make up on an acne-infected area.

Flawless Creamy Concealer
RM15

Flawless Creamy Concealer
RM15

Next, Flawless Creamy Concealer in 4 different shades, which are #01 Vanilla, #02 Ginger, #03 Honey and #04 Mocha respectively. 


The concealer is super creamy and it spreads like a butter, so smooth and it adheres to skin really well. Coverage is medium, which is good enough to cover small imperfections on my skin. One thing to highlight is that the concealer is buildable and it is able to conceal blemish and acne. This buildable formula is made with Aquaxyl to moisturize and improve the overall health of the skin, while its long-wearing properties ensure it stays on your face all day. Derived from birch tree sap, Aquaxyl creates a moisture barrier on the skin and prevents dehydration. I had the concealer on my face for 9 hours straight and it survived through the hot and humid weather during Chinese New Year, my make up still looked great after visiting several relatives under the hot sun. 

Eye Palette Sunrise & Moonrise BCL X Althea
 RM140

Eye Palette Sunrise & Moonrise BCL X Althea
 RM140

My favourite product among all is none other than the Eye Palette Sunrise & Moonrise BCL X Althea. This is a collaboration between Bunga Citra Lestari and Althea, which features 8 expertly chosen shades that can be worn for both daytime and night time, hence its name Sunrise and Moonrise.

Eye Palette Sunrise & Moonrise BCL
 RM140

The palette comes with 1 matte shade, 5 shimmer shades and 2 glitter shades. It comes with a big mirror but unfortunately no brush is provided. The shades are more on the warm side, which is my personal favourite. One glance at the palette and I can see that I can create at least 3-4 different looks using this palette, all you have to do is to play with the colours! 


The colour pay-off is awesome and in fact, the pigmentation is on par with some counter brands that easily cost you double of the price. The finely milled powders make application easier than ever, I especially love how the shimmer shades give a subtle and natural glow to my eyelids. I adore the Rose Gold and Gold glitter shades the most, they are great toppers to give highlights to your eyes. In term of colour matching and combination, this palette is versatile that natural work look and glamorous party look can be created effortlessly. 

Spot Light Eye Glitter
RM24

Spot Light Eye Glitter
RM24

I'm not sure about others but for me, eye make up is not completed without a sparkling Aegyosal. Spot Light Eye Glitter is a multipurpose glitters which can be used as an eyeshadow and eyeliner. It comes in 2 shades, #01 Gold Light and #02 Pink Light. The eye glitter is just like an eyeliner. I applied it onto my bottom lash line and gently pat in to blend. One thing to take note is that the glitter dries up pretty fast so be sure that you work fast with your fingers. 

Watercolour Cream Tint
RM20

Watercolour Cream Tint
RM20

Watercolour Cream Tint is the product that amazed me the most. Looking at its price tag of RM20, I was judging on its quality and pigmentation (sorry for being so judgemental!). To my surprise, the cream tints are pigmented, long lasting and not drying at all, I totally wouldn't mind paying more for such a good tint! 

Watercolour Cream Tint
#01 Plum Cream

There are 4 shades available which are Plum Cream, Strawberry Cream, Peach Cream and Marron Cream. Plum Cream is a rich, luxurious plum shade, perfect for a night out.

Watercolour Cream Tint
#02 Strawberry Cream

Strawberry Cream, a juicy red reminiscent of freshly bitten strawberries. I love wearing it to office as it brightens up my complexion.

Watercolour Cream Tint
#03 Peach Cream

Peach Cream is a brightening, fresh coral with pink undertones to suit both warm and cool skin tone. This colour is very versatile and it's the MLBB shade that is suitable for all skin tones. 

Watercolour Cream Tint
#04 Marron Cream

Marron Cream, a shade made from browns and pinks for a chic, everyday look. I personally feel that this shade can give you a sophisticated look, I love it!


The angled doe foot applicator allows a precise product application, it's especially useful to create a perfect Cupid's bow. 

Watercolour Cream Tint
Swatches

Look at how pigmented these tints are, they literally stain your lips and last for the whole day. No touch up is required even after eating greasy food, thumbs up for the super long lasting formula. On the other hand, these lippies contain hyaluronic acid and squalene to prevent chapped lips from flaking.  Instead of giving the drying and flaking sensation like what most of the other lip tints do, Watercolour Cream Tints keep your lips well hydrated and moisturized throughout the day. These tints are seriously value for money, they are underpriced for the great performances they deliver! I will strongly recommend everyone to give these tints a try, you will love it! 

In a nutshell, I'm very happy with Althea Korea' make up range, every product delivers awesome performances at an affordable price tag, I will definitely repurchase especially the Watercolour Cream Tint and eyeshadow palette. I'm super excited to see more products from Althea Korea, will keep ypu guys posted if something new is coming up!



Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's my pleasure to have your comments here :)
喜歡我的文章的話就留個言讓我知道吧 我會很開心的 ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...